Version: 2016 (5.60)
System requirements :
Windows 10, Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2012, 2008 and 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and NT4.
Any computer capable to load Windows™ successfully
24.99 € (US$ 26.99) Buy now
199 € (US$
215) Buy now
Unlimited upgrades for licensed users !
Release 5.00 (2006/11/13)
WIT version 5 brings even more power and ease to the organization of your ideas and personal information :
- by adding new features such as task management,
- by automating capture of structured information coming from :
- the Internet (Web pages content),
- other softwares (XML, CSV)
- or simply, from your computer (folders),
- by taking in account the numerous remarks and suggestions made by WIT users (thanks you all !), especially :
- wished features,
- graphical user interface ergonomy.
Please also read the note about the evolution of WIT document format.
Graphical user interface
- New "look & feel" with fashion Windows themes.
- The idea property dialog becomes non modal : several dialog boxes can be simultaneously opened, which simplifies the idea management (and enables drag and drop of idea elements).
- New report grid for the search and selection of ideas and for publications management. This new grid report let you choose the information to display, sort and group ideas by their attributes values, and directly edit the idea
attributes in its grid cells.
- Many new possibilities to drag and drop files, images, documents and ideas between :
- the idea tree and the idea property dialogs,
- the file explorer and the idea tree,
- the file explorer ant the idea property dialogs,
- between the property dialogs themselves,
- between the idea property dialogs and the new idea report and selection grid.
- New idea attributes :
- These new attributes are used for :
- New Tasks menu in the main window to follow task progress and manage them.
- Folder import : WIT creates ideas with files found in a folder and recreates folder trees with ideas.
- CSV import CSV : it's now possible to specify idea identificators and hierarchy, instead of doing "flat" imports.
- XML import : WIT imports and exports its own idea trees to and from XML.
- Import of structured documents coming from other softwares : WIT can now import data from TreePadtm.
- The publication manager now uses the same report grid as idea selector : displayed fields can be selected, ordered, sorted and grouped. You can directly edit the publication attributes in the grid cells.
- Idea tex editing : you can now cut or copy text containing links to images and local documents, and paste it in another idea without loosing the links. (Note : this works properly only with images and documents that have been included
with the WIT version 5).
- Improvement of WIT ablility to import images that are contained in fragments of pages that are copied from the Internet (no more "void" links to "wit-imported-images" folder).
- Applet Java (used in some web sites) : the data file (tdm.dat) is now named "tdm.txt" to solve some authorization problems with Microsoft IIS HTTP server.
- Focus problem with the left toolbar is solved : no more "blocking" of WIT.
- The "Preview" folder in your user profile (My Documents) is now cleaned when the last WIT instance terminates.
- Disambiguation of some keyboards shortcuts in the menus.
- Fix of an infinite loop while importing an XML idea tree including internal identificators already used in the current document.