- WIT keeps all open files paths in memory, for each managed file type. (For instance, place of the last linked image, of last WIT document, of the last structure template that has been used...)
Information capture, import / export
- Capture of site web fragments : you can copy and paste images and text from the Web browser
- Automatic import of images contained in HTML files
- Mass import of HTML files (without confirmation for each file)
- When auto import function is enabled and "Page preview" view is displayed, WIT creates new ideas for every Web content that is copied into the Windows Clipboard, and keeps the original formatting.
- When importing ideas from CSV files, a third separator lets specify titles for imported images and documents.
- When creating idea associations from a "A" idea to a selection of ideas, you can now create reciprocal associations from each selected idea to the "A" idea.
Keywords and index management
- While collecting keywords used by an idea tree to add them to keyword list, the occurrence number is displayed, and you can also sort words by occurrence or by length.
- Added some cross references in the keyword manager : numbers and lists of ideas using every keyword are shown.
- Publication display (in publication manager) has been improved : sort criteria is kept in memory and reused.
Structure templates management
- New left and right side panels are optionally built in generated pages (similar to page headers and footers).
- Table of content title and table of images title are now independent.
Style templates management
- Import / export of CSS style sheets, which eases the partial or total transfer from one style template content to another one.
- Faster startup of WIT when the project directory has many WIT documents.
- Installation of WIT is now possible if you are not administrator of your PC.
- WIT does not write any more in the "Program Files" folder, so Windows "guest" users can use it.
- WIT can be used from several Windows user accounts on the same machine : user settings and project folder are stored into the user profile.
- When an idea is not eligible for table of contents, this does not prevent any more local thumbnail building fromp one of its parent ideas. However, thumbnail generation in the table of images still depends on idea eligibility for table of
- Network paths are now taken in account (type : \\Share\Folder\File)
- Infinite loop while selecting local URLs like file://
- Creating thumbnails from freshly inserted images is possible again.
- Thumbnails : changes were lost when they were built with the "Page preview" view enabled, and when switching to the "Normal" or "HTML" view.
- It's now easy to insert relative links into the WYSIWYG editor.
- Multimedia documents are correctly embedded in the HTML code again (../docs was missing in the links).
- When "Page preview" tab was enabled, keyword shortcuts such as Ctrl + X were redirected to the tree view (cutting the current idea). They are know ignored.
- Fatal exception making WIT quit without notice, when encoding UNICODE text to UTF-8 when special and not recognized characters (coming from Microsoft Word) were encountered. These unknown characters are now replaced by a blank.
Minor bugs :
Idea selector : ideas can now be selected while typing their first title characters.
CSS styles are correctly interpreted by the browsers in the keyword index (Unicode version)
Merge of table cells in the WYSIWYG editor is possible again.
Field order inconsistencies fixed in some dialogs.
Elimination of duplicates when importing publications (this made the document size increase) : imported publication is kept.
- Elimination of duplicates while importing keywords.
- When building the bibliography, the progress indicator could reach more than 100% : fixed.