Version: 2016 (5.60)
System requirements :
Windows 10, Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2012, 2008 and 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and NT4.
Any computer capable to load Windows™ successfully
24.99 € (US$ 26.99) Buy now
199 € (US$
215) Buy now
Unlimited upgrades for licensed users !
Release 4.00 (2004/11/30)
Graphical User Interface and ergonomics
- More dockable toolbars, remembering their positions in the main Window.
- New dedicated toolbar for the tree view window.
- New toolbar and new quick menus in the WYSIWYG editor
- New design of fashion icons
- New Windows XP-like menus
- A new language is available :
- Swedish (base and Unicode versions) : many thanks to Mats Arvendal.
- WIT documents are locked while editing to prevent multiple and concurrent access.
- Idea header and footer can now be edited with the same WYSIWYG editor as the text.
- Idea associations (links), when inserted into the idea text, now use a portable form (<a >), better interpreted and maintained by WIT.
- When importing CSV files, multiple fields can be concatenated in a single idea file.
- A confirmation is now needed to sort ideas by title (tree view window).
- Images are now managed in the same way, whatever directly inserted in idea text or in general properties.
- Images can be dragged and dropped into idea text or idea properties dialog box.
- Selection of multiple images when inserting them in idea text or properties.
Document management : links to local document files, links to URLs
- Documents links are now managed in the same way, whatever directly inserted in idea text or in general idea properties.
- Documents files can be dragged and dropped into idea text or idea properties dialog box.
- Multimedia documents can be dragged and dropped (and embedded when recognized) into idea text (WYSIWYG editor and idea properties dialog box).
- Multiple selection of documents when inserting them in idea text or properties.
- Multiple *.url files can be dragged and dropped into idea text or properties.
- Current selection is kept as title when inserting a single link in the WYSIWYG editor. When inserting multiple links, selection is replaced by link names.
- New URL selector dialog, with predefined internet protocols.
- WIT now generates a real bibliography index with a three level sort, and keyword management for publications.
- First level sort generates a primary header when second level sort is enabled.
- Second level sort generates a secondary header when third level sort is enabled.
- Publication fields have been regrouped and renumbered for better use and identification (with no side effect on already existing WIT documents).
- The publication manager now displays all bibliographic fields and can use any field to sort publications : this is useful for error detection.
- Improvements in the publication editor (accessed through the publication manager) :
- WYSIWYG editor for multiline fields
- Image and URL chooser
- Comments on current field are displayed when clicking on the field header.
- When importing CSV files, multiple values can be concatenated in a single publication field.
Style templates management
- User defined styles are shown in color
- Added a new CSS style 'table' to overcome a bug in MSIE with font sizes.
- When inserting a CSS style in idea text through the WYSIWYG editor, last inserted style is kept in memory and shown in the menu.
- WIT automatically updates your style templates with new elements when new WIT versions introduce new CSS elements.
Web site building
- New option : images and documents can be left to their original positions (not copied, but linked), so web site co-workers can modify them without rebuilding the whole site (useful in collaborative groups).
- WIT saves last target folders for every document.
- The "Expert mode" is enabled by default
- WIT options dialog box has now an "Ok" button.
- Conflict detection and resolution (different images and documents with same names) was improved.
- A confirmation is now needed to import MS Internet Explorer® favorite links.
Major bugs fixes :
- Index. Words beginning by ä, ü, ö, etc... are now accepted. Generalized to all scriptings.
- Fixed a random crash in index building.
- Fixed an infinite loop while exporting ideas with non unique IDs.
- After a change made in HTML tab on idea text, switching on preview tab and then on the normal (WYSIWYG) tab caused the loss of changes. Fixed.
Minor bugs fixes :
- Idea tree export did not work while the WYSIWYG editor was active.
- Infinite refresh loop in the preview if the page contained <iframe> tags.
- "an unnamed file contains an invalid path" : solved.
- Remaining hard coded text labels are now translatable (many thanks to Mats !).
- No need to add an additional space when inserting a single link on current selection.
- When last document reload option was active, a double click on a WIT document opened both files.
- Default width and height of Java applet are now 100%.
- When running multiple WIT instances, the preview directory was cleaned while quitting the first instance.
- Canceling an operation in the WIT Options dialog does not display any message.
- Broken links in the "Tip of the day" dialog fixed.
- Added missing # in color specifications of foreground and background of top and left frames at build time.
- Preview failed with Mozilla failed when pathnames included spaces.